Monday, November 17, 2008

Immigration

Immigration should be addressed in a loving way, like everything. Instead of investing more money in “securing” the border, which won’t happen, we should focus on helping specifically Mexico develop their country and economy. If we help improve the standard of living there, then I don’t believe people will really want to leave. Their families, culture, society, and just overall way of life are there. I don’t believe they want to leave now, but they are forced to because they can’t always provide for themselves and/or their family. I would leave too if I couldn’t take care of my family. We also need to remember that most of our ancestors were immigrants. Unless you are a Native American, then your ancestors are immigrants. We also must keep in mind that as Christians we are to be “not of this world.”

No comments: