Friday, May 8, 2009

Trip to PERU


Andes Mountains of Peru

Well, I'm heading overseas again. I will be traveling with the International Mission Board to Peru for 2 months (May 25-Aug 2). Our group consists of about 12 students from various universities all over the U.S., and we will doing soccer evangelism. We will play in soccer tournaments and various pick-up games to share Christ's love with the people of Peru. I'm sure we will improve our soccer skills greatly through this because we all know that Americans have quite a bit to learn from the rest of the world concerning football/futbol/soccer. I'm really pumped about this opportunity to be used by God to let His light shine.

We are but humble servants begging God to use us in whatever way He would.

I will update this as much as I can from Peru so please follow and partner with me in prayer. Pray that we will be used to bring the Truth about the "eternity in the hearts of men" (Ecc. 3:11a NIV), for the people of Peru in general, the Peruvian Christians as they work to "make disciples of all nations" (Matt. 28:19a NIV), and protection as we travel by plane, automobile, and foot through mountains and rivers.

"Not my will, but yours"

1 comment:

Bub Support said...

Hey Bub, sounds like your having a great time (just like i expected). I'm not in the least surprised to know that you have already made good friends. I laughed out loud when i read about the alpaca sweaters! those will be awesome i'm sure. how's your ball? Do you use it alot or are other balls suplied? How are your accompanying travelers (on the field i mean)? How bout the competition? I know you won't get to answer all these questions right away, but hopefully you'll stop by an internet cafe soon :)
-spreadin the love...lil cuz