Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day 3


We haven't had the internet til now. Blogs will usually come a few days at a time :)

-January 10, 2009
The trip has been AWESOME so far! I think we're officially on day 3 now. Flying here was long, but amazing. We're in Johannesburg, South Africa now staying at a hotel that overlooks the city. It’s not even possible to describe the beauty of God’s creation that I’ve now seen and will see. Yesterday while flying over the breathtaking Alps of Italy, I got a real sense of the might and majesty of our LORD. I could just picture Him forming the snow covered towers of rock and earth with his powerful yet tender fingertips. God is good!

So far, I’ve met a girl named Alexandria from Virginia who’s going to the Sudan with an environmentalist organization, guy travelling with and from Calvin College to Nairobi, Kenya, and lady from Denmark who grew up in Africa and actually taught Kenneth Kuanda’s son. He was the man who led Zambia to gain its independence and then was their first President, I think. Concerning just our IWU group, it’s great! I already love everyone. We have an amazing team! Already we’ve seen or heard about some of our different individual gifts and passions. God definitely hand chose this group.

We should arrive in Choma this evening. I can’t wait!!!

No comments: