Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 9

-January 16, 2009
We met for class today and discussed the syllabus. During the afternoon, I went with The Deal and we help at the new WHIZ building site. David Watters ("The Manzi" which means water in Tonga) put me to work with two Zambians named Richard and Simon. They taught me some Tonga as we worked.
Mubuka Buti?= How are you?
Dakatal= I'm tired.
Mutolo Mukua= lazy white person
Ndele Kabotu= I'm ok.
Twalumba= Thank you
Then some of us guys played soccer with the kids for at least an hour, had dinner, and finally debriefed for the day.

5 comments:

Bub Support said...

hey when they taught you lazy white person, they weren't talking about you were they? lol Sharon is having trouble with her internet, she can't steal it from the neighbors anymore apparently (ha)and i didn't know what to do or how to fix it but your dad was looking at it so maybe he can tell you about it in more detail and you can tell us what to do.Thanks
-mas

Elijah Elkins said...

ha, no they weren't. i asked them cause i knew it would make them laugh, and it did :) ok, thanks mas. yea, if they secured the network then there's nothing she can do except ask them if she can use it and get their password.

Bub Support said...

Ok. we told her to go talk to the neighbors about it but she said she wasn't going to go ask if she could steal their internet lol. i'll see what we can do :) -Mas

Melinda said...

Hi, my name is Melinda, i came across this and am very impressed and although envy is a sin i am very jealous that you are getting to do this lol. It is a dream and passion of mine to be able to do this someday. I hope this trip is an absolute blessing for you! I look forward to following your blog! ttyl :)

Elijah Elkins said...

thanks a bunch... yea, God's blessed me in a tremendous way by allowing me to come here, and if it's a dream of yours then pray and never give up :)